Tuesday, August 11, 2009


Hello friends,

I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. Been caught up in real life. We've started school; have been going at it for a week now. I miss the lazy days of summer already!! It's soooo hard to get up and get moving in the morning when all I really wanna do is dig in, nestle down among my 40 million pillows (as my husband would say). I can't help it. I love my pillows. Always have, even as a little girl of 6 or 7, I would snuggle in amongst at least 3 pillows, more if I could abscond with them to my bed. I think I like the feel of being in a cocoon. Maybe I'm hoping I'll emerge a beautiful butterfly!! But every morning I wake up, it's the same old (older by the day) me I see in the mirror!! Maybe my metamorphosis is just gonna take a bit more time. But I pray, day by day, that the Lord will change me to be more like Him. I want to be like Jesus. Every day, when I react to the children in anger, or don't love my husband like I should, or get angry at a stranger for moving too slow, slowing me down, I pray that I might be more like Jesus. Help me, Lord, to walk in your path, to love and forgive others as you have loved and forgiven me. Thank you, Lord, for all of your many blessings, and for the fact that some day, I will be just like you, in a glorified body, perfect in your righteousness, washed in your blood, standing before the throne of God, and loved all the while. Thank you Lord, for the gift of your love. Go with me this day, and help me to be more like you.

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Needed these words today... it THAT kind of morning around here - VERY Monday... That's for the encouragement, the reminder that I'm still a work in progress.

    Elizabeth loves the cocoon!

    Love you,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete